Dell Precision 3541– Anyone who has been in the market for a brand new laptop recently is likely to have come across Dell and its wide range of products. Dell is one of the most renowned laptop manufacturers that have efficient, energizing technology that will not only fit your budget but provide you with the perfect amount of computing power each time you use it.
One such member of the Dell family that delivers portable high-performance is Dell’s 15″ Precision 3541 laptop. On average, this powerful device comes equipped with:
- A robust Intel i7-9750H 9th Gen processor,
- An NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card
- Up to 32GB DDR4 RAM
Which allows you to perform at a very high level.
The Precision 3541 has plenty of other great features that are worth taking a look at as well. Let’s take a closer look to find out more about what makes the powerful Precision 3541 such an awesome device.
What you are going to read in this article!
- Introducing The Precision 3541
- Dell Precision 3541 Specification Overview
- Full Features List and Configuration Options
Introducing The Precision 3541
The Dell Precision 3541 is over thirty inches wide and weighs in at 4.2 pounds which isn’t much at all compared to its modern counterparts. It should be good enough for most people to carry around with ease. It is definitely a large enough device to put up with the rigors of daily use, so it is perfect for those who want to get on with their work without worrying about how heavy their laptop is getting.
The display on the Dell Precision 3541 comes in different flavors, for example, an average 1600×900 or an HD1920x1080 display, which means you can select the one suitable for your needs. Regardless, if you choose the 1600×900 or 1920×1080, both displays will allow you to work, watch movies, and play games without straining your eyes too much.
The 15.6-inch screen is sharp and the screen resolution high, providing sharp, detailed graphics on par with an Apple MacBook Pro.
In the case of the Precision 3541, the display is only a bonus. What you really get from this laptop is the powerful processor and graphics card.
The decent-sized hard drive will be enough for most projects as well as leave room to store the data for your next project in the 256 GB SSD. If you’re looking for a powerful laptop that won’t break your bank account, this computer just might be perfect!
The Dell Precision 3541 is a professional-grade workstation with more processing power than you’ll know what to do with.
Dell Precision 3541 Specification Overview
The Dell Precision 3541 is an award-winning laptop, previously winning Channel Pro Reader’s Choice Awards in 2019. The main highlight of this machine is the outstanding computing power that is hard to find in other laptops of this size.
Let me give you a sneak peek into our current Precision 3541 model:
|Display 15.6” 1920×1080 FHD, Non-Touch|
|Processor Intel i7-9750H 9th Gen ~4.5GHz|
|RAM 16GB Non-ECC DDR4-2666MHZ|
|Graphics NVIDIA Quadro P620 4GB GDDR5 VRAM|
|Storage 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD|
|Camera Front-facing 720p Webcam|
|Battery 97 Wh|
|Keyboard 3-stage Backlit Precision Keyboard|
Besides the computing power, you’ll love the exceptionally long battery life that is suitable for users who use the Dell Precision 3541 on the move. It features a huge 97 Wh battery making it a great choice for the mobile professional.
Here’s what these features will do for you:
- The Intel Core i7-9750H processor provides fast processing power and is ideal for multi-tasking or smoothly running demanding applications.
- The powerful NVIDIA Quadro P620 graphics card can support up to four workstation-capable displays.
- The high-speed and large 16GB DDR4 memory is best for multitasking without any hiccups. The blazing-fast memory transfers ensure smooth operation.
- As for the 512GB SSD, its super quick and solid-state technology ensures that your data transfers are like lightning. Additionally, your data is safer on an SSD than on an HDD, as SSDs are more shock and damage-resistant than traditional HDDs.
This high-powered laptop’s 15.6″ display has a maximum resolution of 1920×1080 pixels, therefore, your visuals will look crisp and clear on-screen. It is also an anti-glare screen that helps to reduce visual strain and potential eye damage.
Although the 1920×1080 FHD display is not touch-enabled, it’s more than enough for a power user looking for a lightweight and powerful workstation laptop.
Upgradeable RAM & Storage (SSD/HDD)
After you buy your Precision 3541, you can still buy more recent and more spacious RAM and hard drives and upgrade your laptop’s hardware. This means that if you decide you need a bigger hard drive/SSD for storage or a bigger volatile memory, you only need to buy your desired upgrade instead of a brand new laptop.
Biometric Security Features
Passwords, pin codes, picture passwords, etc. are not foolproof. Moreover, the hassle of typing in your password every time you log in is not for everyone. Hence Dell added a fingerprint scanner and an IR camera so that you can easily sign in via face recognition or using your fingerprint instead of traditional typing.
Sufficient I/O Ports
Dell’s Precision 3541 laptop is a workstation with more ports than you can handle. Not only that, all the ports are the latest technologies, meaning you will enjoy some of the fastest transfer speeds the industry has to offer.
SIM Card Enabled
If you work or live in remote locations where Wi-Fi and cable internet only appears in mythical tales. The Precision 3541’s SIM card slot makes sure you will always have connectivity territory virtually anywhere. You can even subscribe to a dedicated Laptop SIM card data plan that might be cheaper than hotspotting from your mobile device’s plan.
Wide Range of Out-of-the-Box Configurations
The Dell Precision 3541 comes in flavors, so there’s a Precision 3541 out there that caters to your tastes. From average i7 processors to an i9 processor. From 1600×900 average displays to a full HD 1920×1080 anti-glare screen. The choice is up to you.
If you work in dark spaces, a backlit keyboard is very crucial for typing visibility. That’s why Dell added a 3-stage backlight on this laptop’s keyboard. Giving you the right to select the backlight setting that you want and need. It also helps that the keyboard backlight adds that touch of cool to the workstation.
Poor Heat Management
Only one fan cools the powerful 3541 workstation. In this case, powerful means high heat generation – it’s very hot – so you might notice the workstation will start to get a little toasty when you run some actual software on it. It’s very uncomfortable to operate on your laps for long periods due to the heat.
No 4K Display Option
If you are into video/image editing, you might be looking for a more defined display than the 1920×1080 display. Unfortunately, the Dell Precision 3541 specs doesn’t offer a 4K display for better and clearer visuals. If you really need a 4K display, check out Dell’s Precision 5000 laptop series.
Now that we have explored the different aspects of this powerful workstation, it’s time to look at the pricing. For a price tag below $1000, the Precision 3541 will not have a dedicated GPU, 1920×1080 display, or a PCIe SSD. It will be plain vanilla and will lack the hardware that defines a workstation. It’s ideal if you are looking for a decently powerful notebook.
To enjoy entry-level workstation performance from Dell’s Precision 3541, expect a price tag of around $1500 and this will not include the enormous 97 Wh battery and the M.2 PCIe SSD. Even so, you still get most of the bells and whistles.
The model we reviewed in this article costs $1894.
To see the full features list and configuration options, check out the full technical specifications list below.
Thanks for reading.
Full Features List and Configuration Options
- Intel® Xeon E-2276M, 6 Core, 12M Cache, 2.80GHz, 4.70GHz Turbo, 35W, vPro
- Intel® Core™ i9-9880H Processor, 8 Core, 16MB Cache, 2.30GHz, 4.80GHz Turbo, 35W, vPro
- Intel® Core™ i7-9850H Processor, 6 Core, 12M Cache, 2.60GHz, 4.6GHz Turbo, 35W, vPro
- Intel® Core™ i7-9750H Processor, 6 Core, 12M Cache, 2.60GHz, 4.5GHz Turbo, 35W
- Intel® Core™ i5-9400H Processor, 4 Core, 8M Cache, 2.50GHz, 4.3GHz Turbo, 35W, vPro
- Intel® Core™ i5-9300H Processor, 4 Core, 8M Cache, 2.40GHz, 4.1GHz Turbo, 35W
- Microsoft® Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
- Microsoft® Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
- 64 bit
- Microsoft® Windows 10 Home 64 bit
- Ubuntu 18.04
- Red Hat 7.5
- 2 DIMM slots – up to 32GB 2666MHz,
- Optional ECC
- Integrated Intel® UHD 630 Graphics
- Nvidia Quadro P620 w/ 4GB GDDR5
- 15.6”, HD, 1366 x 768, Anti-Glare, Non-touch, 45% color gamut
- 15.6”, FHD WVA, 1920 x 1280, Anti-Glare, Non-touch, 45% color gamut
- 15.6”, FHD WVA, 1920 x 1280, Anti-Glare, Non-touch, 72% color gamut w/ Premier Color
- 15.6”, FHD WVA, 1920 x 1280, Anti-Glare, Touch, 45% color gamut
2 slots: a 2.5” HDD slot and a M.2 SATA / PCIe slot
- 500GB 7200RPM
- 500GB 7200RPM SATA SED FIPS
- 1TB 7200RPM
- 2TB 5400RPM
M.2 SATA / PCIe Slot:
- 256GB M.2 SATA
- 512GBM.2 SATA
- 128GB M.2 PCIe
- 256GB / 256GB SED M.2 PCIe
- 512GB / 512GB SED M.2 PCIe
- 1TB, 1TB SED M.2 PCIe
- 2TB M.2 PCIe
- Black, 10 Key keypad, Single pointing
- Black, 10 Key keypad, Dual pointing
- Black, Backlit, 10 Key keypad, Dual pointing
- Integrated Intel I219LM 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Wireless LAN & Bluetooth:
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless AC 9560 (802.11ac) 2×2 (No Bluetooth)
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless AC 9560 (802.11ac) 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0
- Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2×2 .11ax 160MHz + Bluetooth 5.0
- Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2×2 .11ax 160MHz (NoBluetooth)
- Intel® XMM 7360 LTE-Advanced
- Dual integrated high-quality speakers
- Dual integrated noise-canceling digital array microphones
- MaxxAudio® Pro by Waves
- HD Camera
- IR camera
I/O Ports and Connectors
- 1 Thunderbolt Type C
- 3 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (1x power enabled)
- 1 HDMI 2.0
- 1 RJ-45
- 1 Headset jack
- 1 SD card reader
- 1 Smart Card reader (optional)
- 1 Fingerprint reader on the power button (optional)
- Intel® Platform Trust Technology, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0
- Chassis lock slot support
- Support for Computrace and SmartCard Reader;
- Fingerprint reader or FIPS Fingerprint reader (Check regional availability)
- Width: 14.14” / 359.1mm
- Depth 9.3” / 236.2mm
- Height 86” / 21.9mm
- 3 Cells, 51 Whr ExpressCharge™ Capable Battery
- 4 Cells, 68 Whr ExpressCharge™ Capable Battery
- 4 Cells, 68 Whr Long Life Battery (includes 3-years limited hardware warranty)
- 6 Cells, 97 Whr ExpressCharge™ Capable Battery
- >= 4.34 lbs / 1.96 kgs
- 90W AC Adapter, 7.4mm Barrel
- 90W AC Adapter, USB Type-C
- 130W AC Adapter, 7.4mm Barrel
- 130W AC Adapter, USB Type-C
Regulatory and Environmental Compliance Energy Star / EPEAT.